[mythtv-users] Questions about HD-PVR and VDPAU

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:08:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/6/4 Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com>:
>> I'm new at this, so please bear with me...
>>
>> Anyway, Yeechang pointed to what looks like a digression from the
>> "perfect deinterlacer" thread.  The patch involves changing a line at
>> the end of NuppelVideoPlayer::AutoDeint() to be
>>    m_scan_locked = (m_scan_tracker > min_count && !ringBuffer->isDVD());
>
> This is to prevent an issue it the video changes between interlaced
> and progressive signal. What this patch does is lock on one type (the
> starting type) and won't change in between, it prevents some jerkiness
> while mythtv change the deinterlacer...

I see.  So it's basically the same as going to the menu during
playback and selecting progressive or interlaced scan.  Somehow, in
the limited testing I did, it looked very good on the 9400 but still
somewhat jerky on the 8400GS PCI.

> I believe the latest nvidia drivers don't require this as they can
> automatically detect what deinterlacer to apply.

Yeechang already asked which version handles this.  I would also like
to hear, if you know.  I'm also running 180.51, where the problem
definitely exists.

Jim