[mythtv-users] Problems with Virgin 1 (UK Freeview)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 16:37:29 UTC 2009

John Pilkington wrote:

>When it looks as if the update route, and perhaps the entire
>scanning module, is broken it's difficult (maybe foolhardy - even
>with an current backup) to make the decision to start again from the
>beginning, but that worked for me.
>
>I deleted all cards (I wanted to add a new one anyway) and channels,
>did a full channel scan, clicked  on 'Icon Download' and restarted
>the backend.  I ran Mythfilldatabase which did not, as I had half
>expected, demand that I enter a long initialisation scheme but just
>recognised that I wanted EIT only.  I now have an apparently up to
>date channel lineup with Icons.  It took longer than I had expected.

I know what you mean. I recall it taking a few attempts to get things
working in the first place, so making any change was with a certain
amount of apprehension.

I too went back to basics - deleted all sources, deleted all cards,
ripped out all cached information from the grabber (I'm using the
uk_rt grabber), and built it up again. The trick I think was manually
updating the channel/grabber info tables first.

It's still an awesome package though, looking forward to getting hold
of a front end to put under my telly - at the moment only my laptop
has the horsepower for it.

--
Simon Hobson