[mythtv-users] Problem with VDPAU after broadcaster changes it encoder

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 12:56:48 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/6/2 Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com>:
> Well - the good news is that both these clips play back without issue
> for me with trunk. mplayer is happy with the SD but as you said
> originally, it plays the HD clip back very slowly. I'm guessing that
> the problem with the previous clips was related to the corruption at
> the beginning of the streams - can't quite put my finger on it but...

0.21 with vdpau backport plays the SD file just fine here with a 9400M IGP

The HD one is just green garbage with VDPAU; interestingly at some
stage it displays clearly a "TV Bar"

With ffmpeg decoder it plays fine ...

I'm very puzzled as to why it would be so screwed up with the
backport, yet play fine in trunk

Jean-Yves