[mythtv-users] Problem with VDPAU after broadcaster changes it encoder

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:58:51 UTC 2009

2009/6/2 David Wong <david.wong at marvel.com.hk>:

> I just uploaded two recorded files from mythtv 0.21:
>
> HD Jade:
> http://www.sendspace.com/file/izsffg
>
> J2:
> http://www.sendspace.com/file/sf3ug8
>
> One interesting point is that the HD recording can be played inside the small box in recording preview.

That's to be expected - the preview window is unaccelerated, so it
isn't using vdpau.

> Thanks again for your testing.

Well - the good news is that both these clips play back without issue
for me with trunk. mplayer is happy with the SD but as you said
originally, it plays the HD clip back very slowly. I'm guessing that
the problem with the previous clips was related to the corruption at
the beginning of the streams - can't quite put my finger on it but...

Anyway, if your HD source still isn't playing with trunk then I would
definitely suggest it's your card/driver combo that is the issue -  in
which case it might be worth posting a bug report and clip on the
nvnews linux forums. 185.18.14 does seem to have fixed some other h264
clips that I have, so it may be worth giving it a try.  You might also
want to check one of your card settings - in mythtv-setup->capture
cards->your dvb card->recording options, make sure 'wait for seq start
header' is enabled. May not be an issue but should minimise initial
stream garbage.

and lastly, can you post the output of 'mythfrontend -v
playback,audio' when attempting to play back the HD channel - it might
just give some hints.

thanks and regards

Mark