[mythtv-users] Anybody driving HDTV off combo MA78GM-US2H + AMD 2700 Dual Core?

Dmitry Shesterin dscheste at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 22:28:17 UTC 2009

Dear Team,
I have recently upgraded my BE/FE machine to Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H mb,
AMD 2700 Dual Core, 8Gb of RAM (I know, overkill, keeps MySQL happy,
had to get server kernel), 2Tb LVM.

That thing just does not want to do HD. The newest ATI driver did not
help, xvinfo still gives no adapters found.

I then tried to switch to a PCI Nvidia FX5200 fanless, but the PCI bus
seems to be just not enough to handle HD at FE's resolution of
1368x720. Even with XVMC.

Right now I an driving fglrx via DVI to HDMI on my Sharp 42". I
noticed that the original HDMI>HDMI had more overscan, go figure.

For now I lowered the resolution to 720x480 to get tearless playback,
but that is just not serious.

Any suggestions? Does anybody have a similar setup and is able to run
hdtv? Can you please share your settings?

dscheste