[mythtv-users] question/set top box

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Jul 25 21:24:35 UTC 2009

On 07/25/2009 02:43 PM, Srinivas Gowrisanker wrote:
> OK thanks. How do I get the PVR remote to work with STB?
> I have connected the cable (IR blaster) to the PVR card and I am using
> the remote that came with it. Do I need to setup lircd.conf file? Lircd
> is running and I did a modprobe /dev/lirc_i2c, dmesg gives me this
> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 248
> lirc_i2c: chip 0x10020 found @ 0x71 (Hauppauge PVR150)
> lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 10
> so my guess is the driver is loaded properly. when i do irw and press
> the remote I dont get any output. I probably have the wrong lird.conf
> settings?

Sounds like it.

> I am definitely not doing something right!

You also need to use lirc_zilog instead of lirc_i2c. lirc_zilog is more
or less a fork of lirc_i2c (originally called lirc_pvr150, but in the
Fedora kernels as lirc_zilog). Its got support for both send and
receive, but does require a firmware blob for sending (google should
help you find it).

You'll need to have two "remote" definitions in your lircd.conf. One for
the Hauppauge remote, one for your cable box.

Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com