[mythtv-users] question/set top box

Srinivas Gowrisanker sgowrisanker at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 18:43:04 UTC 2009

OK thanks. How do I get the PVR remote to work with STB?

I have connected the cable (IR blaster) to the PVR card and I am using
the remote that came with it. Do I need to setup lircd.conf file? Lircd
is running and I did a modprobe /dev/lirc_i2c, dmesg gives me this

lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 248
lirc_i2c: chip 0x10020 found @ 0x71 (Hauppauge PVR150)
lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 10

so my guess is the driver is loaded properly. when i do irw and press
the remote I dont get any output. I probably have the wrong lird.conf
settings?

I am definitely not doing something right!

Thanks
Jimmy