[mythtv-users] question/set top box

Srinivas Gowrisanker sgowrisanker at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 18:01:04 UTC 2009

OK.

I now can watch TV with coax (I need to buy an S-video cable). But can
only use the STB remote. Mythtv cannot still control using a remote.

I am not too sure if I have an IR blaster or an IR reciever

I purchased the PVR150 in June 2006 and back then the remote worked with
Mythtv (no STB, just wall to pvr150 back then)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116625

The cable that attaches to the IR port on the back of the card has 2
cables ( but none of them light up, no LEDs). The remote I have is grey and

and I bought this very recently

http://www.anywareus.com/products/misc/gpir01bk.html (I read that this
remote works out-of-box in linux)

If I don't have an IR blaster, I will get one hook it up to the stb box.
And what is channel change script? How do I set it up? Do I need to do
anything else with lirc? Does the latest kernel (F11,
2.6.29.6-213.fc11.i586) have drivers?

Thanks
Jimmy

On 07/25/2009 01:04 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Saturday 25 July 2009 10:47:13 Mike Perkins wrote:
>
>> Srinivas Gowrisanker wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> THanks for the reply. Just to be clear that I understand this
>>> correctly...
>>>
>>> 1. Wall to stb to pvr150
>>> 2. have stb on ch 3