[mythtv-users] myblaster and new dish stb. *sigh*

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 19:14:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Jeff<junk_inbox at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Jeff<junk_inbox at verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>> >   I'm just glad that your Dish receiver doesn't *require* the UHF
>> > control
>> > only, otherwise you wouldn't be able to control it with myth.
>> > Thankfully,
>>
>> As a point of interest, are there no uhf remote transmitters that are
>> computer controllable?
>
> Not that I'm aware of, at least not for Dish Network receiver control.
>
> I had found a page on the web where somebody had hacked a Dish UHF remote to
> send just the numbers and 'ok', and had started to do the same to one of my
> UHF remotes, but then I realized that my 510 'pvr' receiver had IR receivers
> as well.  I just had to set the remote code below 10 (IIRC).  Then it worked
> with IR just fine.
>
> The only time you'd 'have' to use UHF on a dish receiver is if it didn't
> have IR receivers, or the 2nd tuner on a dual-tuner box - but that would be
> less-than-optimal anyways as the 2nd tuner only has RF output from what I
> remember.  :-(

Depends on the model the dish vip 722, tv2 has composite/analog audio out,
in addition to the rf output.

tv1 has hdmi, component, svideo, composite, fiber digital audio and analog
stereo outputs

the 522 also has a dvr that really sucks.  I'm building a myth box
to take over the dvr functions.  UPS just delivered the cpu and cooler.
Still waiting for FedEX.

Don't see much in the wiki about dish network.

I will be adding my box to the wiki as soon as I know how it comes out.

Any more advice or comments about dish network, configuration,
hardware, software, etc.?

> J-e-f-f-A

Drew Einhorn