[mythtv-users] compiling fixes r20651 doesn't detect ion cpu

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Sat Jul 18 12:15:07 UTC 2009

> I doubt it has anything to do with compilation issue. the Intel 330 is
> a very slow processor ; you should use VDPAU for playback and all will
> be fine..
> That's the whole point of the nvidia ion platform IMHO ...

Thanks.  You were obviously 100% right.  Per your site and the VDPAU
page on the wiki, I grabbed r20674 from -fixes and used your VPDAU
patch.  MythTV compiled perfectly and runs perfectly so far.  Top says
my CPU is down from 117% with video stuttering to 14% with no
stuttering in sight, even on 720p h264 video.  Plus the advanced 2x hw
deinterlacer looks great.  This is definitely the way to go for cheap
and powerful frontends.

Thanks again the Jean-Yves for all your hard work.