[mythtv-users] OT: Prioritizing Network Traffic?

Greg Hermsen g.hermy15 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 01:05:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a setup where I watch MythTV on a remote frontend, connect over a
5ghz, 802.11n connection.  The signal strength is good, but occassionally,
the video gets a little choppy.  My router allows for prioritizing network
traffic by configuring WISH (Wireless Intelligent Stream Handling)
settings.  I can set:

   Priority - Background/Best Effort/Video/Voice

 BK: Background (least urgent).
BE: Best Effort.
VI: Video.
VO: Voice (most urgent).

   Protocol - Any/TCP/UDP/Both/ICMP/Other

Host 1 IP Range
 The rule applies to a flow of messages for which one computer's IP address
falls within the range set here. Host 1 Port Range The rule applies to a
flow of messages for which host 1's port number is within the range set
here. Host 2 IP Range The rule applies to a flow of messages for which the
other computer's IP address falls within the range set here. Host 2 Port
Range The rule applies to a flow of messages for which host 2's port number
is within the range set here.

Does anybody know how I would need to set these rules to optimize my network
for Myth?

Thanks,
Greg

.