[mythtv-users] Problem with Apple Trailers

Norm mlists at dressler.ca
Sat Jul 11 02:33:25 UTC 2009

I set up apple trailers as described in the install doc but for some
reason when I select a movie trailer from the generated menu
appletrailer.xml it won't play.
Example from appletrailer.xml:

<button>
                <type>VIDEO_BROWSER</type>
                <text>Adam</text>
                <action>/usr/bin/mplayer -fs -zoom -really-quiet
-user-agent NSPlayer -cache 16000
http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox_searchlight/adam/adam-tlra_h640w.mov</action>
        </button>

When I manually cut and paste what is between the action tags it plays
without a problem.  The menu is showing so it must be reading the file
ok - anyone seen this before or can suggest what might be wrong?

Thanks
Norm