[mythtv-users] Can't find settings.frm

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 11 14:01:08 UTC 2009

On 07/10/2009 09:15 PM, John Haywood wrote:
> I'm trying to track down an issue with mythfilldatabase not running,
> so I thought the db itself might be implicated.
>
> On running optimize_mythdb.pl, I get the following error:
>
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't find file:
> './mythconverg/settings.frm'
>
> OK, lessee
>
> less /etc/my.conf
>
> [mysqld]
> datadir=/var/lib/mysql
>
> OK, dig a bit:
>
> ls -la /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/settings.frm
> -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 8630 2009-07-05 22:57
> /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/settings.frm
>
> Its in the right place, owner/group seem good, permissions too
>
> Anybody run into this one before?

Recent reinstallation on which you did the MySQL data restore using the
(not-recommended) binary data file copy instead of a proper backup and
restore?

MySQL won't read from directories with incorrect permissions, so
/var/lib/mysql and /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg both need to be 0700
permissions and owned by the mysql user (assuming, of course, that the
mysql user is executing the mysqld process).

Mike