[mythtv-users] 2nd attempt, recorded files are empty

Peter Hocking peter at thehockings.org
Wed Jul 8 13:06:28 UTC 2009

------------------------------ Message: 16 Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009
15:59:25 +0800 From: Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> Subject: Re:
[mythtv-users] 2nd attempt, recorded files are empty To: Discussion
about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org> Message-ID:
<258e9b160907080059m5a72a9f6g53bac4cb2ba258d8 at mail.gmail.com>
<peter at thehockings.org>:

> > Further to my posts/replies last week & the advice I received, I've spent
> > some time on #mythtv-users. The only advice of received while on that was to
> > change the Use Quick Tuning: Live TV only, which is contrary to information
> > I've found elsewhere when researching my problem. I'm going to try it
> > tonight, but I was hoping that some of you would have a look at my set-up,
> > which I've posted screen by screen shots of my backend set up online.
> >
> > In short, my issue is that recording programs using scheduling produces
> > empty file, but recordings started while watching the program on Live TV are
> > fine.
> >
> > Heres the link, http://www.thehockings.org/MythTV/index.html.
> >
> > Of particular interest in the Input Connections configuration which is where
> > it has been suggested my issue is. You can go straight to it at
> > http://www.thehockings.org/MythTV/Input/index.html.
> >
> > Double click on the pictures to see a bigger version of the picture.
> >
> > My apologies for the photos, being a newbie to Linux, I was unfamiliar with
> > the screenshot utility at the time.
> >
> > TIA

Peter,

What happens when a recording is scheduled? Does it start and then run
for the entire time, or does it start and then die?

If it starts and then runs, do you see it as recording when switching
to the LiveTV group but it stays at zero length?

Phil

Hi Phil

It appears to be recording the whole show. I use Mythweb to schedule my
recordings, (I have used Myth Frontend to schedule recordings with the
save result). When I go into backend status, it shows that the show is
being recorded, but when I go into Recorded Programs, it shows the file
size as being 0

Peter