[mythtv-users] All HDTVs accept sound input to RCA while using HDMI?

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Mon Jul 6 17:25:18 UTC 2009

Chris Poole wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback guys.
> I'm deciding between a Toshiba 32RV635, LG LH3000 series, and Samsung
> LE32B530.
> I wonder if anyone has one of these or similar models?
> They all look good, but no-where can I find whether or not this is an
> issue. I'll also most likely be buying from an online store, so
> returning is more of an issue.
> Thanks,
> Chris

I recently purchased a LG brand, model number 47LG50 LCD TV (last years
LG model).  I am driving it with a Nvidia 8400GS card with a DVI->HDMI
adapter. This tv model and nvidia driver combo has the problem of
sending null audio to the HDMI port. I had to follow the previously
posted wiki page to edit the EDID to get analog audio.