[mythtv-users] Live TV channel lock issue

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Sat Jul 4 15:25:35 UTC 2009

Hi Phill,

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 12:39:47AM +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:

> When I'm watching Live TV many (not all) of my Australian DVB-T
> channels fail to get a channel lock.("You should have gotten a channel
> lock by now"). The odd thing is that the channels play fine if I watch
> them in xine and they also seem to record fine (based on a test I just
> did). Any idea why I might be getting this problem in Live TV?

I am having a similar problem. It doesn't happen always and I am not
100% what causes it. Suspending the frontend and resuming it seems to
be one of the triggers. I see this is on a frontend-only machine so I
doesn't seem to be a problem with the backend.

I wrote about the problem here, but haven't seen any suggestions:

I mention a couple of "workarounds" and other details like version I'm
running. Check the posting out to see if your problem is the same as
mine.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-