[mythtv-users] Problems with Channels not getting populated

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Sat Jan 31 21:09:42 UTC 2009

At 09:00 PM 1/27/2009 -0600, Jay Jaeger wrote:
>Update:  I figured it out -- sort of.  My friend had set up his Schedules
>Direct to disable the "ordinary" channels, leaving only the HD channel
>specifications there.  Those apparently had "no grabber" and the ones that
>did have grabbers had all been disabled.
>
>Doesn't Myth know what to do with the HD over-the-air channels?  Do I have
>to handle those like one would handle digital cable, and figure out the
>XMLTV ID's or whatever they are called, and enter the channels
>manually?  Is that what is going on?

Well, I guess I'll have to just keep answering my own questions, since
nobody seems to care to respond to me on this list...    Its kinda too bad
-- it would have saved me a couple of hours time -- I am sure at least one
reader out there would have know exactly what the problem was.

It turns out that the answer to this second problem (and, really, the first
as well, because had I known about this, it never would have come up) is to
use:

mythfilldatabase --do-not-filter-new-channels

That allows the ATSC channels (read HD) to get thru.

JRJ

(Signing off)