[mythtv-users] Problems with Channels not getting populated

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Wed Jan 28 03:00:36 UTC 2009

Update:  I figured it out -- sort of.  My friend had set up his Schedules
Direct to disable the "ordinary" channels, leaving only the HD channel
specifications there.  Those apparently had "no grabber" and the ones that
did have grabbers had all been disabled.

Doesn't Myth know what to do with the HD over-the-air channels?  Do I have
to handle those like one would handle digital cable, and figure out the
XMLTV ID's or whatever they are called, and enter the channels
manually?  Is that what is going on?

JRJ

At 02:21 PM 1/26/2009 -0600, Jay Jaeger wrote:
>Howdie.  I have been using MythTV since 0.18 (now 0.20) on my own box, and
>never had a lot of trouble with channel listings, including the transition
>to Schedules Direct.
>
>However, I am setting up a box for a friend with 0.21, compiled from
>mythtv-0.21.tar.bz2, using a Hauppague PVR-350, and I cannot get the
>channels to set up probperly from SchedulesDirect -- but I don't believe
>the problem is with SD, per se.  I use an HTTP proxy, it is configured in
>the environment before I start mythtv-setup, and it is able to
>authenticate to SD and download data just fine.  The problem does not
>appear to be anything like that.
>
>(I can add channels manually just fine).
>
>However, when I try and populate the channels for the input source from
>mythtv-setup, I get "No channels are configured to use grabber".  Example:

<< snip >>

---
Jay R. Jaeger					The Computer Collection
cube1 at charter.net