[mythtv-users] VDPAU field report

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 08:48:31 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/31 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:
> I've been using VDPAU exclusively for over a week now, not a single
> issue nor a crash..

Actually, that's not entirely correct.

I got a segmentation fault trying to watch a VC-1 video..

I can watch this video with mythtv-trunk without issue, but always
crash with VDPAU on.
So I've spent a few hours today debugging mythtv and found that some
internal fields regarding the size of the fame aren't filled properly
before they are passed to libvdpau.

After investigation, I found that the bug comes from ffmpet, and while
it doesn't crash using ffmpeg for the videodecoder, all it displays is
a black screen with sound... So it's not much better.

I'm pretty certain the bug come from ffmpeg and was fixed at some
stage when a new version was merged in trunk.

I don't see the point in fixing this bug as it is already fixed in
0.22 and that's not a bug I introduced with the VDPAU patches

Jean-Yves