[mythtv-users] Core 2 Duo iMac, terrible performance as front end

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Sat Jan 31 03:17:03 UTC 2009

David Schlenk wrote:

> I know I got the OS X frontend to work pretty well on my hackintosh
> msi wind by using the mac acceleration option. I think it was marked
> experimental or something but it worked really well and can almost
> play 1080i content back on an atom rocking integrated intel video. I
> would assume apple's got the ATI stuff working pretty well so I would
> assume this setting would work well for you. There is always the
> chance that I dreamed the entire experience... but I'm pretty sure its
> there at least in whatever frontend binary I downloaded.

When I got a new Mac Mini (Intel) I had a similar problem.  When you
look at the video, does it look "scaled" to you, almost as if you are
zoomed in to the video somewhat?   That's what was happening on mine.
Everything played terribly.  I had to go into the playback settings and
change the video scale option.

I had to go in to my playback settings and change the scale settings
there (not the scale as necessary option).  I had to change them to a
non "0" value, for example, -25%, and then the video was "properly"
shrunk to a small size (lots of black around the edges), then, when I
set the values back to 0, the video was scaled properly.  Very strange,
but after that, everything worked great.