[mythtv-users] Mythbackend acting strange

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jan 30 19:36:44 UTC 2009

On Jan 30, 2009, at 11:31 AM, Batshua bat Yehonatan wrote:

> Someone suggested to me that it must be mythfrontend I was thinking
> of.  (Gmail gremlins ate that message, so I can't do a direct
> reply.)  I checked mythbackend again, same problem.  Then I checked
> mythfrontend.  It looks the same as mythbackend.  Or should I say
> mythbackend is acting like mythfrontend?  Whichever it is, I can't
> seem to fix the settings and it's driving me bonkers.  Suggestions?

The suggestions were already given.

Make sure mythbackend is running. Check its logs for any error
messages (especially ones like cannot connect to MySQL)
If mythbackend complains about MySQL, make sure MySQL is running and
allowing connections from mythbackend.

The problem you're seeing is when mythfrontend cannot connect to
mythbackend for some reason. Either it's not running or something is
blocking the connection.
Note that there is no graphical interface to mythbackend so it's
difficult to understand why you think you're seeing one when you run it.

-Brad