[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings, new card

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 01:36:31 UTC 2009

On 30/01/2009, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 08:06:50PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>  > On 01/29/2009 06:06 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>  >> I'm guessing because the programid field is not empty, the scheduler
>  >> is using this information in preference to the subtitle info - and
>  >> determining that there are 2 unique showings of "Beating the Bully" to
>  >> be recorded.
>  >
>  > Yes.  If programid is present on both episodes, it is the final
>  > authority, regardless of specified duplicate matching method.
>

> Based on my setup, I can get 2 copies of the same show recording
>  at the same time just if the description is a little different.

Are you choosing "subtitle then description" as your duplicate
detection method for these recordings? If consistent subtitles are
present, the descriptions will not be checked. However, if the
description field is being checked, any minor differences will result
in multiple scheduler matches. Consistency checking of the source
listings would help to prevent this situation.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: