[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings, new card

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Jan 30 01:23:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 08:06:50PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/29/2009 06:06 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>> I'm guessing because the programid field is not empty, the scheduler
>> is using this information in preference to the subtitle info - and
>> determining that there are 2 unique showings of "Beating the Bully" to
>> be recorded.
>
> Yes.  If programid is present on both episodes, it is the final
> authority, regardless of specified duplicate matching method.

Based on my setup, I can get 2 copies of the same show recording
at the same time just if the description is a little different.
Although I get this because I am using 2 different programming
sources. Despite the fact that the "human readable" information
about the stations are the same, they are treated as unique
entities.

I wonder if this isn't something related to the (schedules direct)
data that could be fixed with cleaning and normalization.