[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings, new card

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Thu Jan 29 17:16:56 UTC 2009

>The two 'BBC2' channels (one on DVB-T, the other on DVB-S) need to
>appear as one to the scheduler to avoid these duplicates. I have both
>DVB-S and DVB-T on a test box, and get different callsigns for each
>'version':

>DVB-T - "BBC TWO"
>DVB-S - "BBC 2 England"

>If you update your groups of common channls (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, etc) on
>your 2 video sources so that they each share the same CALLSIGN, and
>the scheduler should treat them as the same, and should stop these
>duplicate recordings from occurring.

>If you also want such channels to only appear once in the EPG, you
>should also update the channel number (channum) to be the same for
>both channels.

>Nick

Thanks Nick, that almost perfectly sorts out my problem, I have updated it
for BBC Two. There is one last thing I can't get my head around now.
We wanted to test record 'Life of Riley'. This is broadcast on BBC 1 and BBC
HD, but I cannot make the same change as above, as BBC HD is differently
scheduled to BBC 1.
So I have a rule,
Record 'Life of Riley' , at any time on any channel. Duplicate check method
Subtitle. Check for duplicates in All recordings.

On BBC HD (and BBC Oxford, BBC blah blah blah) the subtitle is "Beating the
Bully" for all the satellite channels, and quite rightly, the system has
chosen to record on my (priority+1) BBC HD channel, and mark the other
recordings as recorded.
For BBC One, the subtitle is "Beating the Bully", but instead of being
ignored like the satellite copies, it is being recorded.
Is this something I just have to put up with, or is there another trick I
have missed?
There is one difference. The satellite channels are marked: Programme ID:
/15CK1A , whereas the DVB-T is marked fp.bbc.co.uk/15CK1A

Thanks again.
Gareth