[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings, new card

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 05:04:49 UTC 2009

On 28/01/2009, Gareth Glaccum <gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com> wrote:

>  I want to use EIT for the DVB-S, so I set up a second listing source. The
> problem is, that I am getting masses of duplicates. There are several ITV
> channels (which I should prune down, but it makes for a good test of
> duplicates). One example is copied below (actually, a bad example, the
> program id is /NaBB and fp.bbc.co.uk/NaBB). But there was at least more than
> one which did match.
>
>        It's Not Easy Being Green: Dick and James take delivery of a geodesic
> dome Leisure/Hobbies Dick's local pub sends out an SOS as their fuel bills
> soar. Can Dick and James help them to tackle their enormous oil bills? 2 -
> BBC TWO Wed Feb 4, 2009, 08:00 PM 32 mins
>        It's Not Easy Being Green: Dick and James take delivery of a geodesic
> dome Leisure/Hobbies Dick's local pub sends out an SOS as their fuel bills
> soar. Can Dick and James help them to tackle their enormous oil bills? 6302
> - BBC 2 England Wed Feb 4, 2009, 08:00 PM 32 mins

The two 'BBC2' channels (one on DVB-T, the other on DVB-S) need to
appear as one to the scheduler to avoid these duplicates. I have both
DVB-S and DVB-T on a test box, and get different callsigns for each
'version':

DVB-T - "BBC TWO"
DVB-S - "BBC 2 England"

If you update your groups of common channls (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, etc) on
your 2 video sources so that they each share the same CALLSIGN, and
the scheduler should treat them as the same, and should stop these
duplicate recordings from occurring.

If you also want such channels to only appear once in the EPG, you
should also update the channel number (channum) to be the same for
both channels.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott