[mythtv-users] Hardware databases

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Jan 28 21:46:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:35:43PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 January 2009 11:47:06 Marc Feldman wrote:
>
> > Of course, there is working and there is "working".
> > I am trying to tweak an Acer Aspire One as a combined FE/BE  with a
> > Hauppauge HVR-950 for over-the-air digital and HD.  HD files play fine
> > outside Myth, but the internal player sputters and goes out of sync.  I

...the internal player is not the best. OTA HD can be rather hard on a
lower profile frontend. It's not surprising that you might find some
files that play well in mplayer or xine and don't play well with the
internal player.

   Also, there's lots of tweaking possibilities with the internal player.
I found after upgrading to the new version with the new profiles that
the defaults were not suitable for my hardware. I spent awhile sorting
out what the new profile values should be. After that, things were as
they were before.

   You may just need to tweak your playback profiles.

[deletia]