[mythtv-users] Cheapest MacBook now VDPAU-compatible

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 05:58:07 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/28 Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>:
> ah, that I did not know! when did they start adding that?

As far as I know, all macbooks and macbook pro always had a digital
audio output.. This isn't new.

>  in that case all it doesn't get you is the new losslessly compressed
> audio on BluRay, of which there is no software for Mac anyway (I guess
> you'd have to boot your 'legally obtained copy of' Windows to watch
> them).

Even if they did have an HDMI port you wouldn't be able to ouput any
of those audio format anyway. At least not with a mac or Linux.
And even on Windows, they don't support passthrough of those yet, they
must be re-encoded in LPCM

Jean-Yves