[mythtv-users] Cheapest MacBook now VDPAU-compatible

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Wed Jan 28 04:43:21 UTC 2009

On 28/1/09 5:30 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> ah, that I did not know! when did they start adding that?
>   in that case all it doesn't get you is the new losslessly compressed
> audio on BluRay, of which there is no software for Mac anyway (I guess
> you'd have to boot your 'legally obtained copy of' Windows to watch
> them).

2 or so revisions ago.  It's that weird 3.5mm minijack that doubles as a
normal stereo headphone socket, as well as an optical out with the right
cable.

Well, after a quick Google it appears it's a bit more common than I
thought...

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=mini-to-optical%20digital

  - Wade