[mythtv-users] Low signal problem

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 23:33:48 UTC 2009

> Not sure what you mean with cable service. Upon further reading I just
> learned that SNR is not really useful anyway.

I was just thinking that the part of the world that you're in, and
your cable TV provider might be relevant.

> In that regard, does anybody know how to tweak the frequency while showing
> the live picture? Is that possible at all with DVB, or does the card have to
> be locked to the frequency to show a station?

I may be talking rubbish here because I'm not familiar with the card,
but are you sure you're tuning digital (DVB) channels?  What you're
describing sounds (to me) more like analog reception and, from
Technotrend's data sheet, that card supports analog as well as DVB-C .

http://www.technotrend.com/Dokumente/87/Manuals_PC/quickstartguides/Kurzanleitung_premium_engl.pdf

• Reception and presentation of analoge channels
• Hardware decoding for Video and Audio
• Installation Plug and Play
• Fully compliant to: DVB-C standard EN 300 429

Glad you're making progress.