[mythtv-users] Low signal problem

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 28 00:17:18 UTC 2009

Zitat von David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com>:

>> In that regard, does anybody know how to tweak the frequency while showing
>> the live picture? Is that possible at all with DVB, or does the card have to
>> be locked to the frequency to show a station?
>
> I may be talking rubbish here because I'm not familiar with the card,
> but are you sure you're tuning digital (DVB) channels?  What you're
> describing sounds (to me) more like analog reception and, from
> Technotrend's data sheet, that card supports analog as well as DVB-C .
>
> http://www.technotrend.com/Dokumente/87/Manuals_PC/quickstartguides/Kurzanleitung_premium_engl.pdf
>
> • Reception and presentation of analoge channels
> • Hardware decoding for Video and Audio
> • Installation Plug and Play
> • Fully compliant to: DVB-C standard EN 300 429

Unfortunately the analogue receiver is not officially supported yet in
the dvb/v4l driver, though there are patches. And of course you can't
use both at the same time.

No, I'm really using the DVB-C receiver, and the issue with the
downtuning seems to be a common problem with that card. I even found
hacks to manipulate the card for permanent tuning, as well as driver
patches to fix it on the software side. I've chosen to change the
multiplex/transponder frequencies in MyhtTV instead, after I played
with czap to find the best value. Turns out that BER is indeed the
best indicator, and that exactly 500kHz downtuning is the perfect
value for all transponders.

I'm almost happy now, but unfortunately MythTV resets the frequencies
on each channel search which is pretty annoying. Any ideas anyone how
to keep the values that I enter in the transponder editor?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/