[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Jan 27 16:32:46 UTC 2009

Mark Buechler <mark.buechler at gmail.com> says:
> Let's assume the patch gets added to -fixes without the review
> process, and though it works for those seeking VDPAU, it breaks some
> features used by other users. Now you've turned a stable branch into
> an unstable one.

I'm the one who encouraged Jean-Yves to create a ticket. Neither he
nor I intended, or expected, his patch to ever be added to 0.21-fixes;
both my message, and his abundant disclaimers both on the ticket and
here, make that clear. The ticket was always meant simply as a means
of providing a reference point for those brave enough to patch their
own systems who want to stay updated on any changes (perhaps by adding
themselves to the Cc: list).

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array