[mythtv-users] hdpvr recording o byte files

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Jan 26 20:36:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:13:15AM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2009, at 11:02 AM, jedi wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 07:33:11PM -0500, Eppo Eppleston wrote:
>>> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Robert McNamara
>>> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>> [deletia]
>>> i'm just saying that that wiki is confusing. it says that no
>>> patching is
>>> necessary in one spot, and then has patches underneath.
>>
>> The version of trunk that I am using has never been patched. I don't
>> really see the point of using a version control snapshot AND patching
>> the source. That seems rather redundant.
>
> Well, then please let me explain. Some patches are submitted but not
> applied to the code base for various reasons (unknown if it works and
> needs testing, doesn't apply cleanly to latest code, code needs to be

...all good reasons to stay away from it unless you're actually
doing active development rather than just interested in the most
bleeding edge version of the project available.

If checking it out of source control is pushing you past your
comfort zone then patching the source is probably not a good
idea. If trunk seems broken (for whatever reason) then you
might want to hold off a bit.

[deletia]