[mythtv-users] US to postpone analog TV death

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 26 19:17:04 UTC 2009

On Jan 26, 2009, at 11:06 AM, Marc Feldman wrote:

> A local antenna service technician told me that many stations
> broadcasting analog and digital keep the digital signal power low to
> prevent interference.  He suggested that the digital signal will get
> a boost once the analog is turned off.  I never heard that before,
> but it would be good.  The catchment area for digital seems smaller
> than analog in my area now.

I was told the analog towers are on top and the digitals are on the
bottom and once analog goes away, they will move the digital up the
tower further and thus provide a stronger signal. I don't think there
is any interference between analog and digital since they run on
different wavelengths. I could be wrong, I'm not a scientist. :)