[mythtv-users] ext4 vs XFS for mythbuntu

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:32:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:
> jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
>> Was this before the 2.6.28 kernel was released and the devs declared ext4
>> stable? I know that them declaring it stable is no guarantee, but before
>> they declared it stable basically means there were still known bugs or
>> features missing. So having problems with an unstable release of ext4
>> would
>> be no surprise.
>
> Yes it was. 2.6.27 probably. Given the apparent state of ext4, I'm
> surprised that even Fedora saw fit to release it without major warnings!

I have been using ext4dev for almost 2 months on 2.6.26 (can not
upgrade because that is the newest reliable openvz kernel) with only 1
problem. It did not like me resizing the partition that a virtualbox
guest was running under and doing updates. Other than that I use it
every single day for data that is not essential (build folders,
downloads, virtualbox guests).

John

John