[mythtv-users] Problems testing my card.

Batshua bat Yehonatan batshua at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 00:37:41 UTC 2009

Point of information, OP prefers female pronouns.

(Please be patient with me, I've only been using Mythbuntu for about a
week.)

I am connected via coaxial cable to the converter box.  I live in Texas, I
use Time Warner Cable, which I have heard bad things about with relation to
PVRs.  Our cable is supposed to be digital as of a few years ago.

My card is supposed to provide both analog and digital support.

By bypassing the converter box, I take it you mean I should connect the
coaxial cable from the wall directly to the PVR?  If I *need* a converter
box to watch TV, doesn't this mean that the PVR won't pick up much of
anything, or do I at least have the hope of picking up SOME channels?

Did I fail to answer any of your questions in such a way that you have
insufficient information?

Again, many thanks for your time.

Batshua