[mythtv-users] hdpvr recording o byte files

Eppo Eppleston eppo120 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 00:33:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> it
> >>>
> >> according to the hdpvr wiki page:
> >
> > The original ticket for Myth support of the HD-PVR has been locked. The
> > initial patches have been applied to Trunk, and no patching is currently
> > necessary for basic usage of the HD-PVR in MythTV

> according to the hdpvr wiki page:
>
> A new ticket has been created to track enhancements, such as AC3
> support. Please do not use this ticket as a "discussion board" -- Use
> the mailing list to ask questions.
>
> Recent changes to SVN trunk have added a new encoder card type unique
> to the HD-PVR. IR Blasting and receiving is totally unimplemented. As
> of the 1.0.3.53 firmware, you can now capture the original 5.1 channel
> AC-3 audio track from your sources.
> Steps to Add the HD-PVR as a Capture Device in MythTV
>
>   1. Patch MythTV with DeviceReadBuffer-polltimeout.2.patch in #5604.
>   2. Patch MythTV with mpegrecorder-hdpvr-v2.patch and
> hdpvr-livetv.patch in #5866.
> etc..
>
> <end cutpaste>
>
> BASIC functionality *does* work.  You can add it as a tuner and given
> certain conditions, it will work for recording TV.  Selectively
> cutting out bits and pieces in order to argue with one of the people
> RESPONSIBLE for your being able to use the HD-PVR is bad, bad form.
> Yes, without John you wouldn't be able to do anything but look at your
> pretty plastic box.
>
> Robert

i'm just saying that that wiki is confusing. it says that no patching is
necessary in one spot, and then has patches underneath.
and when i tried to use the patch it kept asking me which files to patch and
never did anything. and i tried to google how to patch mythv, and got a lot
of linux patch stuff. i was unable to find something that had acutal
directions on how to patch. so i was figuring that it would be nice to be
able to talk to someone with knowlege on how to do it. i have  a lot of
respect for anyone that could help me out, or at least point me in the right
direction.