[mythtv-users] Q about users and priveleges...?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 26 00:05:42 UTC 2009

On Jan 25, 2009, at 3:35 PM, A JM wrote:

> I'm a bit confused about the users and priveleges associated with
> Myth.
>
> Do I specifically have to have a Mythtv user? Hopefully someone can
> shed some light on users and Myth for me.

No. You don't have to have a user specifically for it, but lots of
people do it and most pre-built distributions with mythtv come with
its own mythtv user.
Just make sure the user that runs mythbackend has appropriate
permissions for everything is needs access to like capture cards and
file systems and then make sure the user that's running the frontend
has appropriate access to play back the media you want to see.

-Brad