[mythtv-users] few questions about svn

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 03:19:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 4:12 PM, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Eppo Eppleston <eppo120 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> first, when viewing the menu with the current recordings, you used to be
>> able to go to the right of the title and a menu would pop up with options,
>> one of which was to delete the recording, in the svn it doesnt work that
>> way. how do you bring up that menu?
>> also, with the mythvideo plugin, you used to have to go to setup, and video
>> setup and it would scan for new movies. how do you do that now? when i add
>> something new, it doesnt see it.
>> thanks
>>

> Hello Eppo Eppleston,
>

> If you want to run SVN trunk you must read the dev and commits mailing
> lists.  If you had read those mailing lists you would know that the
> various themes included in trunk are currently in the middle of being
> updated to use the new mythUI interface.  The things you are asking
> about are most likely temporary broken or being updated.  If you want
> to use those features install the stable version my MythTV.

i understand video manager does NOT automatically scan for videos in
trunk. There is a separate button to do it (this IMHO is a good thing
as the scan can take a while and shouldn't be enforced if you just
want to fiddle with the entry for a couple of files.)

Where the button is and whether the themes accomodate it I do not
know. I am going from reports I have read on list rather than any use
of trunk myself.