[mythtv-users] Mythtv, Gentoo, DVB and 2.6.28 kernel not compiling

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 20:22:27 UTC 2009

> Of course, I've gone even farther and loaded up Xorg 1.5, which seems stable
> for MythTV use.
> The Lirc 0.8.3 ebuild doesn't like the 2.6.28 kernel, as it has an oops
> often, however the unstable ebuild 0.8.4 works perfectly to date...
>
> Yes, I'm a little more bleeding edge, but I'm willing to find and report the
> bugs that need fixing...

I wonder if this was fixed in a newer svn. I am using a newer svn rev
but older kernel (need openvz containers).

I am running svn 19706

If you want to try the ebuilds are in my overlay here:

http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay/tree/c2c73506b334f152f56e7dca3640ba9310f66858/media-tv/mythtv

All the plugins also are updated so everything is 19706.

John