[mythtv-users] PVR150 issue

Bruce Campbell linuxbox at beachdaze.com
Fri Jan 23 19:27:16 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Thursday 22 January 2009 18:02:06 Bruce Campbell wrote:
>

>> I forgot to mention that I do not have any display artifacts under
>> Windows, so I don't think it's the card or cable.  I will give tvtime a
>> test to see what happens.
>> Thanks for the input.
>>

> TvTime will only work with a frame grabber card, not an mpeg encoder like the
> PVR.
>
> Just try cating the output of the card to a file, and playing it with mplayer
> or he like.

Thanks for the update.  I'm beginning to think the issue is with Nvidia
and not Myth.  When watching any video type file (mpg, avi etc..) and
doing any kind of time-shift (pause, jump to a spot, fat forward etc..)
will bring on the green artifacts.  I have a HDTV capture that plays
beautifully on the Windows boot and no artifacts when playing with it.
But if I so much as pause the player, it gets just plain ugly.  Will
continue to play iwth settings and drivers.

Thanks again!

Bruce Campbell