[mythtv-users] Fonts in MythArchive

steve.goodey at bt.com steve.goodey at bt.com
Thu Jan 22 16:21:33 UTC 2009

As someone having the same problem, slightly different directory, but
background-1.jpg shows the problem.

In a private email from the original poster he has come up with a few
suggestions:-

"The root of the problem seems to be a masking function that paints the
font images on the background picture and masks out the (black)
background of the font images.

A few little changes in the theme.xml file helped a lot with the
perceived picture quality:

* Changing the font from FreeSans to FreeSansBold.
* Increasing the font size to 20 (from 18 and 16).
* Changing the font color to LightGray (helped the most).

In a typical installation, the theme files are located at:
/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/themes/name-of-theme"

Thought I'd post this in case anyone else has the problem and/or has any
other thoughts.

Regards, Steve.