[mythtv-users] Satellite TV and MythTV, getting started

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jan 23 18:12:03 UTC 2009

On Friday 23 January 2009 10:52:20 Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> > The main problem with IR blasters is dealing with LIRC.
>
> That's true as well. Luckily, there is some useful information on
> running two separate lirc instances to make life a little easier here:
> http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_
>Modified_LIRC.html

If you don't want to deal with lirc you might try and find a "MyBlaster",
which is driven by a perl script that has nothing to do with lirc at all. The
unit knows most of the codes you might need, and it can learn new ones.

Unfortunately the MyBlaster is no longer available, but you might try FleaBay
or other sources of used gear.

I use a MyBlaster to control my DISH receiver. I had it working 10 minutes
after I took it out of the package. Really easy, and no lirc.

--
beww
beww at beww.org