[mythtv-users] Possible to run multiple frontends on one PC??

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Jan 22 22:34:13 UTC 2009

>I have run two instances of mythfrontend on my system.  It isn't a big
>deal.  The issue is which one gets the sound card and the fact they
>will both respond to the remote.  Those kinda kill the deal.  Those
>may be helped by the program you are looking at but they are still
>things you will need to consider.
>
>Allen

Actually, couldn't you just launch one of the frontends as one user and the
second one as a second user and then use different lirc files for each user?

Also, I think you could copy just the myth executible to a different
filename so you have two executibles. Then you run each of them and define
them separately in lirc. I've done this before, but not with myth, so I'm
not 100% sure it'll work. But it's worth a try. You'd have to recopy the
executible after each upgrade.

-Steve