[mythtv-users] Possible to run multiple frontends on one PC??

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Jan 22 20:20:00 UTC 2009

> for each room , I was wondering if it would be possible to run two
> frontends simultaneously on one PC?  And will it be able to do hdtv if
> it has two good video cards.
> I saw this program...

 I run 2 frontends on my main frontend machine. 1 Card feeds a project,
and a second instance of X + myth feeds the flatscreen.

 I Set mine to launch 2 X sessions as 2 different systemusers.
And in the individual users mysql.txt file I set the LocalHostName value
so that each is unique and each can have it's own seperate config settings.