[mythtv-users] Why doesn't 'delete recording' actually mean 'delete recording'?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 12:35:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 6:56 AM, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:29 AM,  <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you are referring to a single number for the amount of space that will
> > be freed up by auto-expired recordings, that doesn't make very much
> > sense. In my case all of my recordings would eventually be removed,
> > since I have everything set to auto-expire by default.
>
> I want to know the amount of space that will be freed up by
> auto-expired shows in the "deleted" group only.  Shows that have been
> moved to the deleted group should not be listed in the same way as
> other shows that are set to auto-expire.  Certainly the deleted group
> shows already have a higher expiration priority.

Go into System Status (on a FE), go to AutoExpire List and hit the right
arrow. At the top it'll say something like:
51 recordings consuming 145 GB are allowed to expire
51 of these are Deleted and consume 145 GB

Right now the deleted group is simply hidden from the user.  Which is
> a good start but not enough.  That group should treated be separate
> from regular recordings that also have auto-expire set.  The disk
> space of the deleted group should be reported as free space.  Or maybe
> call it "Available Space" (deleted group space + free disk space).

It would be nice if the Machine Status page also showed the amount of space
taken up by deleted and auto-expirable shows, but the info is just a few
keypresses away.

Cheers,
Steve