[mythtv-users] QT programming question

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Wed Jan 21 07:43:44 UTC 2009

Hi Nasa,

the quoting is a little messy, I hope I got your posts right.

Nasa schrieb:
> Didn't miss that -- it's used to ensure a process is started, not to see
> if it still running.
Yeah, but the process needs to be started and AFTER THAT you can see if
it is still running. You need both! waitForStarted() AND the
while(state=running) loop.

I think we do not get any further here. So two simple questions:
a) In your initial code example, what is proc.state() returning?
b) From QProcess::start(), do you know what this sentence is implying:
> Note: processes are started asynchronously

I think you need to get familiar with multi-threading/concurrency!

Greetings
-Sascha-