[mythtv-users] Fwd: Digital Audio on HDMI MB not working

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 15:14:51 UTC 2009

Phil,

You should check with the vendor of your sound card/chip about the
output frequency capabilities.  Many do not output at 44.1K; instead
defaulting to 48K.  (44.1 is the norm for CD rom music, 48K is the norm
for digital music.)

I spent many hours trying to get a Via sound chip to output 44.1K only
to learn the chip was hard wired on my mobo to only output at 48K.  The
Via folks thought that it was "close enough."  I ended up having to buy
a sound card and disabling the sound chip on the  mobo.  You can find
alot of info on the problem by googling "bit perfect audio."

Good luck!

Joe Henley