[mythtv-users] Anyone using mvpmc with Myth 0.21?

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 03:18:25 UTC 2009

Rob Pimentel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to purchase MediaMVP and use mvpmc as a cheap frontend solution. Only SD content, schedule & view recordings, basic stuff. I have read at least one post that states it "should" work with Myth 0.21.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=db37f760812271838i2658f0dcm42d5727fd0ff24a5%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=mvpmc-users
>
> Anyone here running mvpmc with Myth 0.21? If so, which snapshot of mvpmc are you using? Did you have any issues with the setup?
>
> Thanks,
> pimy

I would guess most of the people on the mvpmc list are using 0.21, I
have been using 0.21 since a week or 2 after its release, and it works
fine with nightly version of mvpmc--not the software that came with
it, so long as your are using it for SD mpeg2 with mp3 audio, and/or
are transcoding all HD/non-mp3 stuff into SD mpeg2/mp3 audio.

I am using a custom version, but for the most part almost *ALL* of the
nightly builds will work, the code base is not changing that fast, and
most people adding patches appear to be pretty careful, so things are
not added until they have been reasonably well tested.

With a AMD 7750 2.7 (OC to 3.1Ghz) I can transcode 1080i at almost 2x
real time (about 38 minutes to convert 72 minutes of 1080i) on each
core at the same time.