[mythtv-users] IPTV

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 20:38:30 UTC 2009

2009/1/20 Gregg <3gemail at gmail.com>:
> I tried to view the stream on u-verse with mplayer, but It did not
> work.  I had a udp address udp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port#:long alpha
> numeric string separated by hyphens.  My guess is it is encrypted.  So
> I guess I will have to capture it the analog way.  Too bad.

All you should have is udp://ip.add.re.ss:port

If you've got a long alphanumeric string (the MAC address?) you're
doing it wrong!

And, to view the basic feed you have to have a STB already tuned to
that "Channel" so the DSLAM (and gateway) is forwarding it to your
network.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston