[mythtv-users] Fwd: Digital Audio on HDMI MB not working

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:57:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:

>> i'll have to play around with manually changing that around.
>> passthrough is set to default, max audio is stereo, upmix is passive,
>> AC3 and DTS passthrough are both checked.
>>
>> still playing...
>>

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Before fiddling with mythtv, what sort of result do you get from the OS and
> alsa directly?
>
> Try aplay -Dhw:0,3 /some/dolbydigital/audio/file.wav

thanks Phil,  i'll give that a try.  initially i had been bouncing
back and forth between getting system sound and Myth sound to work.
most recently i've been focusing on just getting sound to work with
Myth.  my testing has been attempting to play Big Buck Bunny in HD
through MythVideo using the Internal Myth player.  and then i'll just
to the command line and try similar settings with mplayer.
i need to come up with a better test plan... :)

--
Andrew Close